David Platt wrote:

>We are running z/OS 1.13 with ACF2 and plan on implementing z/OS V2R1 in the
>2nd Qtr of 2015.  We also have a few users that use RDz.  We have successfully
>implemented the changes as described for Multiple TSO SIGNON on the Same MAS
>or SYSPLEX, but on different LPARs.  We have chosen to allocate unique TSO
>datasets to each LPAR and avoid sharing.

Good. I hope you also changed GRSRNL member and perhaps ISPF exit nr 16 too. I
hope you have reviewed Mark Zelden's web page about this using same TSO
sessions with the same user id across the SysPlex.

>Several users have multiple USER Ids, and we have been asked to eliminate the
>duplicate IDs per user.  Several users are saying they need, at least, two TSO
>sessions per LPAR.

They are right.  Some of my users also have two [different] TSO ids. Two is
enough and practical anyways.

You should review the roles and logon procs of those ids. Perhaps you need to
connect them to the right groups or give access to resources.

Anyways, some utilities in TSO / ISPF cannot be shared unless you're going to
modify a lot of things, now and at every upgrades.

>I'm looking for ways to implement multiple sessions, if there are any.

You'll have to figure a way to eliminate IKJ56425I and IKJ606I. AFAIK, it is
just not possible. If I remember correctly, it is about the name in the TSO
session address space and VTAM assignment of LU against a TSO name. VTAM can
handle multiple *LOGON*, but after successfull logon it can't handle a second
or more address space with the same name within a LPAR.

PS: I don't have sources about my statements in last paragraph.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht