An interesting observation.  I'd have thought that CICS (in particular), in an
early stage of startup when it runs authorized, would set the
"Storage-Protection-Override Control" (bit 39 of CR0) if STGPROT=YES was
specified as a DFHSIT parm.  See z/Architecture Principles of Operation, 10th
Edition, at page 3-12 for details of "Storage-Protection-Override Control".

This would seem to obviate any need for CICS, post-initialization when running
unauthorized, to issue SPKA or similar key-related instructions.

    -jc-

Information contained in this e-mail message and in any attachments thereto is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems, notify the sender immediately,
and refrain from using or disclosing all or any part of its content to any
other person.