Hi Beat,
I've had numerous problems with weird behavior of the software when
datasets were allocated on EAV volumes with the data set extended
attribute (EATTR) set to "Opt" and the software was not prepared for
this. EATTR=OPT allows the data set to reside in the extended
addressability are ov EAV volumes. Needs new DSCB formats, has
different record addressing (more bits for the cylinder), and
probably more.

Fact is that IBM as well as vendor software is not always well
prepared to deal with this. Depending on how "deep" the software
dives into the I/O business, it may or may not work. If it doesn't,
the resulting false behaviour does not point you directly to
EATTR=OPT.

EATTR is another parameter set by the DataClass. Data sets with
EATTR=OPT do show this in ISPF's data set information panel.

Can you verify the EATTR settings in both DataClasses you mentioned?

--
Peter Hunkeler