Actually our NJEDOMAIN reads "BITNET", which I assume is either the z/OS
delivered default or was put there because that is the example given in the
documentation.  Doesn't like we even use NJE here, so I think the value of that
particular parm is n/a.

Anyways, as I said, the emails are being forwarded with no problem to our (MS
Exchange) email server.  It's just vexing me that we get the warning messages.

For what its worth, here is the OUTPUT DD for this started task:

EZA5562I Resolver Usage YES Specified
EZA5355E GATEWAY specified but SMTPNJE DD card not found.  NJE gateway
EZA5356E facility will not be enabled.
EZA5126I ====================================================================
EZA5125I IBM MVS SMTP CS V1R13 on Tue, 19 Aug 14 21:25:06 -0600
EZA5127I Jobname of SMTP Server         : SMTP
EZA5128I TCP Network Domain Name        : ZOSD.fb
EZA5129I Gateway TCP Network to NJE     : Yes
EZA5130I NJE Network Node Name          : ZOSD
EZA5131I NJE Domain Name                : BITNET
EZA5133I Local Delivery Format          : Netdata
EZA5189I Local Output Class             : B
EZA5134I NJE Delivery Format            : Punch
EZA5190I NJE Output Class               : B
EZA5136I PostMaster Address             : <sp...@zosd.fb>
EZA5137I Userid for Bad Spool Files     : SPRCC
EZA5317I Listen on Address              : Unspecified
EZA5139I Port for Server SMTP           : 25
EZA5191I REMOTEPORT for SMTP client     : 25
EZA5140I Inactivity Timeout             : 180 seconds
EZA5141I Finish Open Timeout            : 120 seconds
EZA5142I Retry down sites every         : 20 minutes
EZA5143I Return mail older than         : 3 days
EZA5265I Warn about mail older than     : 1 days
EZA5144I Max Length of Accepted Mail    : 524288 bytes
EZA5648I MaxMsgSent                     : 0
EZA5236I Max Temporary Error Retries    : Disabled
EZA5225I Resolver Tracing               : Disabled
EZA5228I Name Resolution Method         : Nameserver, Port 53
EZA5231I Nameserver Address(.1.)        : 10.1.104.11
EZA5231I Nameserver Address(.2.)        : 10.1.104.18
EZA5232I Nameserver Response Timeout    : 1 seconds
EZA5233I Resolver Retry Interval        : 20 minutes
EZA5234I UDP Retries/Nameserver/Interval: 4
EZA5235I RCPT TO: response delay        : 60 seconds
EZA5145I Translate Table                : TCPIP.STANDARD.TCPXLBIN
EZA5263I DBCS Conversion                : Disabled
EZA5175I Mail Logging                   : Yes
EZA5179I Debugging Enabled              : No
EZA5319I Outbound Open Session Limit    : None
EZA5388I InboundOpenLimit               : 0
EZA5322I SMSG Authorization List        : Processed
EZA5272I Deliver via Mailer             : None
EZA5645I IP Mailer Name                 : MAIL.FB ALL
EZA5186I Mail File Dataset Prefix       : SYS5.ZOSD.
EZA5187I Mail File Unit Name            : SYSDA
EZA5183I Spool Poll Interval            : 30 Seconds
EZA5569I No Source Routing              : Disabled
EZA5573I RcptReply452 Active            : No
EZA5574I SMTP ExitDirection             : Inbound
EZA5471I DeleteBadSpoolFile             : No
EZA5209I Local Time Zone                : SYSTZ
EZA5390I STOPONRENF                     : Inactive
EZA5260I Rewrite 822 Mail Headers       : Enabled.  Using default rules

I'm curious what you see in your SMTP.OUTPUT and your SMTP.LOGFILE (assuming
you have LOG set).

Frank