I have a Started Task with a log file.  I'd like to SPIN off the log files from
my C program and allow the users to delete them when there is too much spool
output or the log file is no longer needed.

The C program is calling dynalloc() to allocate the file but I don't see any
flags for SPIN=UNALLOC.  I am currently using
ip.__misc_flags = __RELEASE & __CONTIG & __CLOSE;
but that leaves the DD associated with the running step and not
purgable/deletable.

Does anyone know whether dynalloc() supports FREE=CLOSE,SPIN=UNALLOC?

Janet Graff