I have a file on a WIN server with variable data records in EBCDIC and the
correct end-of-line marker of x'0D25'. In the end I need a file with
LRECL=582, RECFM=VB.

When I ftp this file binary with "quote site lrecl=582 recfm=fb" all
records are written contigously in chunks of 582 bytes. A second ftp
(within z/OS) then splits up the records at x'0D25', but additionally at
byte 582, which is wrong when a record flows over into the next record.
All attempts to get the right format failed up to now.

Does anyone has an idea how to accomplish this?

Werner Kuehnel