Nothing is unclear, probably I chose the wrong words. What I meant was I
doubt that they change their standard procedures to provide the file.

Werner

Von:    Bob Shannon <bshan...@rocketsoftware.com>
An:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU,
Datum:  08.09.2014 16:44
Betreff:        Re: FTP of EBCDIC file
Gesendet von:   IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

>>> That sounds counterproductive.  AMATERSE PACK followed by AMATERSE
UNPACK will result in a faithful bit-for-bit copy containing the original
x'0D25' sequences.

>>> Fortunately, I suspect AMATERSE is not available on the OP's Windows
server.

>> The OP understood the suggestion.
>
>Oh?  Has anyone tried the suggestion and observed it to succeed?
Otherwise, I'd consider it more wishful thinking than understanding.

"If they can resend, have them run AMATERSE PARM=PACK against the VB file.
Send the output file to you. Upload to the host. Run AMATERSE
PARM=UNPACK”"

"I doubt they can handle that file with AMATERSE, they aren't very
flexible
introducing alternatives.

Thanks,
Werner"

What part of this is unclear? It requires the bank to "PACK" the file
before sending it to the OP. This is a really basic method of sending VB
files.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software