On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Bob Shannon
<bshan...@rocketsoftware.com> wrote:
>> I am using a z/OS 2.1 system to try to port BASH 4.2
>
> Well, you could take the easy route and download a ported version from
> http://www.rocketsoftware.com/rocket-ported-tools-zos
>
> BASH doesn't (yet) appear on the main page but does appear on the download
> page.
>
> You have to fill out an electronic form to register. There is no charge
> unless you want to buy a subscription. Once you submit the form you will
> receive an email that directs you back to the ported tools page and then you
> can download.
>
> When you submit the form you will receive an acknowledgement that says "Thank
> you for your interest in Rocket Software. A representative will contact you
> shortly". I have been assured this will be a "no pressure" contact.
>
> For those wondering "what's the catch?" there is none. We'd like for people
> to buy subscriptions, but it's not required.  We will do some support, mainly
> on installation issues, all done through the e-mail address. Buying support
> gets you portal access.
>
> Bob Shannon
> Rocket Software

Thanks for the pointer. I'm kind of curious to do it myself. I just
had my first successful compile. And my first indefinite loop, which
is what I am trying to look into right now. It would be interesting to
see how you did it. Bash being GPL'd means that the source _must_ be
available to users somehow.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown