Paul Gilmartin wrote:
I'd love to be able to select vi as my editor under ISPF (but not all
the time.))

Now you made me think: vi using SNA would mean you need to send each individual keypress to the mainframe and get a response. That might be possible by having the terminal emulator tag a PA-key onto every keystroke, sending a couple of bytes to a TGET that is set up to process each character. Crazy... but with the fast networks and mainframes we have these days, it just might be usable.

Then you have to find mainframe people who want to use vi. That's probably the bigger issue :)