Good idea. A very fast search on Redbooks found this:
http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247952.html?Open
<abstract>

In this IBM® Redbooks® publication, we discuss CICS®, which stands for
Customer Information Control System. It is a general-purpose
transaction processing subsystem for the z/OS® operating system. CICS
provides services for running an application online where, users
submit requests to run applications simultaneously.

CICS manages sharing resources, the integrity of data, and prioritizes
execution with fast response. CICS authorizes users, allocates
resources (real storage and cycles), and passes on database requests
by the application to the appropriate database manager, such as DB2®.

We review the history of CICS and why it was created. We review the
CICS architecture and discuss how to create an application in CICS.
CICS provides a secure, transactional environment for applications
that are written in several languages. We discuss the CICS-supported
languages and each language's advantages in this Redbooks publication.

We analyze situations from a system programmer's viewpoint, including
how the systems programmer can use CICS facilities and services to
customize the system, design CICS for recovery, and manage
performance. CICS Data access and where the data is stored, including
Temporary storage queues, VSAM RLS, DB2, IMS™, and many others are
also discussed.

</abstract>

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Lizette Koehler
<stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> I would do internet searches in CICS TS5 APPLICATION and see what pops up.
>
> Second go on redbooks.ibm.com/
> And do a similar search.
>
> Third. You should have received a confirmation back to join CICS-L.  Go back
> to the URL and signup again.
> https://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CICS-L
>
> If that still does not help you sign up, then contact the UGA help desk in
> the upper right hand corner of the webpage
>
> Lastly search the IBMMAIN archives for Frank swarbrick cics
> He has good postings on CICS
>

> Lizette

There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown