You mentioned that the SDSNLOAD is on an SMS managed volume, and that you
got the message before you got the message that SMS is active, correct?  If
that is the case, my guess is that you have the library in the APF List in
PROGxx with SMS instead of a specific volume.  In this case, I wouldn't be
surprised if the system couldn't treat the library as authorized, since SMS
wasn't active.  You probably need to ensure that SMS is active before you
attempt to define DB2 subsystems.
Wayne Driscoll
OMEGAMON DB2 L3 Support/Development
wdrisco(at)us(dot)ibm(dot)com
All opinions are mine, and do not represent
IBM Corporation.

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
10/07/2014 11:35:10 AM:

> From: Jake anderson <justmainfra...@gmail.com>
> To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
> Date: 10/07/2014 11:35 AM
> Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] Linklist load during IPL message
> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
>
> Hi Liz/All,
>
> Thanks so much. The ZELDENS utility clearly showed that the required
> Library was not APFed during the system startup and later on the library
> was added dynamically.
>
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I looked up the IEFJ004I message - it states
> >
> > For example:
> >
> >     The module was not found.
> >     The module was found, but was not APF-authorized.
> >
> > Is the SDSNLOAD APF authorized?
> >
> > Lizette

On