> When you start Apache, it puts out a message that you have to direct the
> command to one of the sub-processes (task name with a number appended). It
> can change so you can't be sure what that name will be.

I haven't yet activated Apache, so this is only a guess.
This sounds to me that Apache is forking which leads to a new process address
space to be used. z/OS UNIX will assign the same name to that new address
space. If the original name happens to be shorter than 8 chars, it appends a
single digit to the name.
You can easily get consistent names if you choose to use 8 char jobnames when
you start The initial process (job or STC).
Try using a 8 char jobname for your Apache and see if it helps.

--
Peter Hunkeler