These remarks of mine may produce some reactions ...

I have not done any 64-bit work in C/C++, but the number of "this is not
available in AMODE 64" and "this behaves differently in AMODE 64" notes
would give me pause. I have a requirement/enhancement that would be perfect
for above-the-bar from C++ but I am nervous about undertaking it that way
for that reason.

There seem to be in general so many unexpected interdependencies among
various C/LE options. I needed to interface to the GSK encryption. That
required POSIX(ON). All went well until final testing, when a stupid little
utility program that was supposed to be loadable from COBOL suddenly was
not. Why not? COBOL can't load a POSIX(ON) C program. Really? Really.

In addition to this sort of gotcha be aware of the inherent/documented
differences. In 32-bit C, for example, a uint and a size_t are the same
thing -- you can pass & of a size_t to a method with uint * in its
prototype; but in AMODE 64 C they are not the same thing and you cannot.

Don't get me wrong. I love XLC. Could not do what I am doing without it. But
AMODE 64 C gives me pause.

I would love to hear that I am wrong.

Charles