Hey Ken,

I think I have SMS set to do what is needed.  I modified my DC list, adding
DC3592E with a recording technology of EEFMT2.  Here are the relevant DC ACS
routine changes I made:

FILTLIST UNIT3592  INCLUDE ('CART')
                   EXCLUDE ('CTAPE','VTS','NTAPE','3590','3590-1',
                            'ECART')

FILTLIST UNI3592E  INCLUDE ('ECART')                                <<<<< added
ECART
                   EXCLUDE ('CTAPE','VTS','NTAPE','3590','3590-1',
                            'CART')

/***************************************************/
/*    START OF 3592 TAPE TESTING FOR ENCRYPTION    */
/***************************************************/
     WHEN (&UNIT = &UNI3592E)                   <<<<< if JCL says UNIT=ECART
       DO SELECT
         WHEN (&DSN = &VTSDSN)
           DO
             SET &DATACLAS = 'DC3592E'
             EXIT
           END     /* END DSN = GOODTAPE */

         WHEN (&STORCLAS = 'SC3592')
           DO
             SET &DATACLAS = 'DC3592E'
             EXIT
         END       /* END STORCLAS = SC3590*/
        END        /* END DO SELECT */
       END         /* END WHEN      */

When I run a ACS test with the parm of UNIT: ECART, I get the DC of DC3592E
just as I want.

Rex