I've run into a situation where we have a parm that expands to more than 100
characters (sound like a familiar problem?).

So, I've tried to use the PARMDD EXEC Keyword. And sure enough it points over
to the specified DDName.

So I have it coded like this:

//         EXPORT SYMLIST=*
     :
     :
//PARMLST  DD  *,SYMBOLS=CNVTSYS
 (&HDY &HDT &SQP &RNO &VX &CCT &CMB) &NAP
/*

And that failed - NONE of the variables were expanded.

So I tried this:

//PARMLST  DD  *,SYMBOLS=CNVTSYS
ISPSTART CMD(%NCMPL &HDY &HDT &SQP &RNO &VX &CCT &CMB) &NAP
/*

Only the "ISPSTART CMD(&NCMPL" gets passed and used (because I got the SAYs out
of the REXX code).

(yes, I am using IKJEFT01, IKJEFT1B, IRXJCL as the PGM=, and this ain't
happing).

So, has anyone tried this? Have you had any success?

Did I read the various wonderful manuals? Yes, all of them z/OS 2.1 (JCL REF,
TSO Customization, etc.).

I thought, from reading the manuals, that those variables were to be
interpreted for this particular DD because of the SYSMBOLS keyword.

What am I missing?

Regards,
Steve Thompson

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error,