> Cross-posted to MVS-OE and IBM-MAIN >> Until today it escaped me that
> BPXPATA2 is specifically intended to run in key 2. Does anyone know where
> there is a need to run a UNIX program in key 2?

Since I had cross-posted the question, here is the answer I got on MVS-OE:
WebSphere Control region use this to start.

I don't like this desing. The Websphere team should have written their own
specific startup program which would do nothing but starting Websphere.
Instead, we now got a general utility to run almost any (I know there are
limitations) program in key 2.

--
Peter Hunkeler