From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 2:01 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Utility to replace occurrences of string in PDS?

When I tried IPOUPDTE on my PDS I got an error IPO006      FILE @PDS INVALID
FOR IPOUPDTE that I resolved by adding a member $$$COIBM, so I conclude that
the restriction is still there, at least on the copy on my V2R1 system.

It's a GREAT little utility except for the stupid kneecapping.

FWIW, here is the resolution of my requirement:

No FileAid, no File Manager.

CBT 040 is really complex, lightly-commented assembler code from the dark
ages (31 bit? reentrance? what's that?) and way overkill for what I want.

IPOUPDTE would be *perfect* except for the $$$COIBM restriction. Yes, I can
work around that, but the result is kind of an offensive kludge.

I wrote a little Rexx program, cannibalizing some Rexx I had lying around.

Problem solved.

Charles