On Wednesday, 01/21/2015 at 06:26 EST, Mark Regan
<netsfw_sysp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have six sandbox LPARS that are located on two different CECs. Three
on one
> and three on the other. Each of the three only have one 10GbE OSA to use
as we
> don't want them to share an OSA with prod or test/dev.
>
> From looking at the manuals it looks like I could set up CTC/MPCPTP
connection
> between the two CECs, if we have any spare FICON channels to use that
is. I
> need to check on that with our hardware guy.
>
> What I'm wanting to do is to provide an alternate way into the sandbox
LPARs on
> a CEC if they were to lose there single OSA connection for some reason.
Then
> use OSPF routing to route the connection destined to the CEC with the
down OSA,
> in through the OSA on the other CEC and then over the CTC connection. Is
it
> doable and are there any issues to look out for? Since it is a sandbox
env,
> there will not be much traffic over the CTC if that scenario were to
happen.

Yes, you can do that.  For best results, make sure the IP addresses on the
CTC connection are in a separate /30 subnet.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323