From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Hansen, Dave L - Eagan, MN
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 2:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: zfs Filesystem question

Dear zfs friends,

   I can use the ISHELL to mount and unmount a zfs file system.  It looks like
I can use TSO/E according to the USS Command Reference using MOUNT
filesystem('ZFS.WORKDS') MOUNTPOINT('/u/openuser') TYPE(ZFS) and UNMOUNT
FILESYSTEM('ZFS.WORKDS').  When I go into OMVS as UID(0) I don't get anything
good back from my commands:

<SSQA4U>zfs unmount /usr/lpp/cicsts/cicsts51
zfs: FSUM7351 not found
<SSQA4U>unmount /usr/lpp/cicsts/cicsts51
unmount: FSUM7351 not found
<SSQA4U>umount /usr/lpp/cicsts/cicsts51
umount: FSUM7351 not found
<SSQA4U>zfs umount /usr/lpp/cicsts/cicsts51
zfs: FSUM7351 not found
<SSQA4U>id
uid=0(IBMUSER) gid=0(@STCGRP) groups=50(ACFGROUP),6020(CPSDEV),3000(DSUSER),1000
(IMWEB),1(OMVSGRP),2110(SMDBA),2100(SMISSC),2300(STISSC),2320(SUREADM),2(TTY),22
00(WBISSC)
<SSQA4U>

Q).  What do I need to do from OMVS?

I tried tso UNMOUNT FILESYSTEM(OMVS.A.CICSTS51.ZFS) REMOUNT(RDWR).  I got back
Return Code 00000079, Reason Code 0588062B.  The UNMOUINT failed for file
system OMVS.A.CICSTS51.ZFS.

Q).  Should this have worked for a zfs?

      Thank you,  Dave