On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 08:28:39 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>Though I am not a fan of Knowledge Center, the one element they provided is
>the ability to ADD COMMENTs to the section.  If you feel it is lacking
>details, you should be able to supply additional comments.

I've done that, at times.  OTOH, one advantage of the RCF is that the submitter
gets feedback on the status.  But I have one RCF of a simple question with a
probably complex answer that's long been pending.  I wish that in such cases
IBM Pubs itself would ADD COMMENTS to Knowledge Center.

(The question I asked, well, perhaps not so simple:

* Parameter
z/OS MVS JCL Reference
SA23-1385-00

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v2r1/topic/com.ibm.zos.v2r1.ieab600/xddaster.htm

Please provide an explanation of what determines the attributes
(RECFM, LRECL, BLKSIZE) merged into the DCB by OPEN.  I suspect
any or all of:

o LRECL on the SYSIN DD statement

o Attributes with which INTRDR is allocated

o JESRECFM and JESLRECL in FTP commands with FILETYPE=JES

o Attributes coded in the DCB macro

o Attributes modified by the DCB OPEN exit

o Operation of SDB

o Length of records appearing in the instream data set

o Length of records modified by symbol substitution

o JES2 versus JES3 (I suspect their behaviors differ).

This seems complicated enough that English prose is probably an
inadequate medium to communicate it.  Better would be a table
or a flow chart.  The information should appear in one place, not
redundantly under "*" and "DATA", lest updates leave them out
of sync.

They say is has been accepted as a clarification.  They've not
provided details in response to a followup request.)

-- gil