Here is the tinyurl of Ed's link

http://tinyurl.com/l7x9fek

PRINCETON, N.J. - Freeman Dyson, 91, the famed physicist, author and oracle
of human destiny, is holding forth after tea-time one February afternoon in
the common room of the Institute for Advanced Study.

"Let me tell you the story of how I discovered Turing, which was in 1941,"
he says. "I was just browsing in the library in Cambridge. I hit that 1936
paper. I never heard of this guy Turing, but I saw that paper and
immediately I said this is something absolutely great. Computable numbers,
that was something that was obviously great."

Pause. Then, with a laugh: "But it never occurred to me that it would have
any practical importance."

Lizette