From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Toni Cecil
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 10:34 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: DFSMS: Can CDSs and UCAT, be SMS managed or not ??

Hello,
Thx for your replies, I'm talking about DFSMS  ACDS,SCDS and COMMDS (i'll refer
CDSs hereafter). The reason for this question is that I have "all flavours".
Systems with UCAT be SMS managed and CDSs not be sms managed.
CDSs be SMS managed and UCAT not sms managed. I wonder if there was any "not
mandatory but very much advisable rule" to set up these datasets. In all cases,
each of these CDSs is placed in one dedicated dasd volume.

Many thx one more, A.Cecilio.