I have cross posted this to both IBM-MAIN and IBMTCP-L.

Since we upgraded to z/OS 2.1 we've been receiving ( sporadically and by that I mean out of 55 batch jobs a day we'll have 3-4 failures where that would be a weeks total for failures prior to the upgrade) the following error -

EZB1051E Failed to Open connection to Port Number = 515.  Return Code = -1.
Error Number = 60.  Port Number = 721.   Remote IP Add
 r =

I for the life of me can not find what Error Number = 60 is. We use the
following command in a batch job -

 ISPSTART CMD(LPR 'XPAF.SURP002.JOB09366.D15062.T024955.STD' (AT ???.??.??.???
PRINTER mainframewhite FILTER  L USER CLS48 NAME SBRP002  BINARY ))

There could be several of these batch route print jobs and only one will get it
or none will. We submit a rerun and it work just fine.

Someone please point me to the manual that would contain the description of the
error.

THANX!!!!

--
Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan