From: Timothy Sipples <sipp...@sg.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Sent: Sun, May 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Subject: Re: Scheduling software

IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler is fantastic, and I recommend it.

However,
since the idea of "freebies" came up, for those of you with DB2
for z/OS I'd
like to mention a handy scheduler that's included with DB2 for
z/OS at no
additional charge: the DB2 Administrative Task Scheduler. As its
name suggests,
it's a scheduler focused on scheduling DB2 administrative
tasks -- no surprise.
If your needs non-trivially exceed that scope I'd
investigate other, fuller
function options (Tivoli Workload Scheduler
notably), but it is a very useful
DB2 feature. Relatedly, there's another,
no additional charge component, the
Management Console for IMS and DB2 for
z/OS, that you are likely to find useful
in part to take advantage the DB2
Administrative Task
Scheduler.

Timothy
Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM z Systems,
AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail:
sipp...@sg.ibm.com
For
IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
send email to