> 16 was the number for a long time. Also, why 85? 5 x 17?  Where did the
> extra 1 come from?  I would have expected ... 5 * 16 = 80

The number of domains architecturally supported in the CEX5 card itself is
actually 256, which is of course a nice power of 2.  However, that is more than
that z System machine needs.  The number supported by the machine was
determined by deciding what a reasonable number of domains would be, relative
to the number of host LPARs and the processing speed of the machine.