>According to the ibmmain post ICHALTSP is an (IBM) IRIM that receives
>control in master scheduler (but you're right, I cannot find it in my
>SMPE environment either).

I'm not sure which ibmmain post is being referred to but:
- ICHALTSP is not an IRIM. IRIM has a specific meaning to z/OS.
- ICHALTSP is not a RIM either.
- ICHALTSP is not provided by z/OS itself.
- ICHALTSP is an interface made available to the owner of the alternate
security product being used on this system, as a means of starting that
alternate security product in the same "window" when RACF is started,
i.e., before started tasks and jobs can start.

FWIW, "ALTSP" does indeed stand for ALTernate Security Product.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design