On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:01:12 -0500, Fred Kaptein <fred.kapt...@hp.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>We have two sets of IPL volumes named IPLVL1 and IPLVL2.
>Data sets on these volumes are cataloged to volser ******
>If the system is IPLed on IPLVL1, then we rebuild some data sets on IPLVL2,
>and vice versa.
>
>We are IPLed on volume IPLVL1 and we want to rebuild data set SYS2.TSO.CLIST
>on volume IPLVL2.
>Data set SYS2.TSO.CLIST on volume IPLVL1 is in use by many logon procs.

Using IDCAMS, you should be able to rename the copy of SYS2.TSO.CLIST that is
not in use, if you have READ access to the RACF (or equivalent security
product) FACILITY class profile STGADMIN.DPDSRN.SYS2.TSO.CLIST

Once you've renamed the data set you should be able to scratch it. I do NOT
know if you'll be able to use ADRDSSU RENAMEU to rename your new data set to
SYS2.TSO.CLIST, but this should get you closer to what you want.

--
Walt