[Sorry if some of you may read this twice – I had some trouble with my
subscription to this list due to a changed E-Mail address]

All,

on my zPDT z/OS 2.1 System I’ve recently tried to get the SMF-Exit IEFACTRT
provided in SYS1.SAMPLIB up and running. But in vain.

I’ve built with this JCL:

//ASMLNK   EXEC ASMACL,
// PARM.C='NODECK,RENT',
// PARM.L='LET,LIST,XREF,RENT,REFR,NCAL,REUS'
//*
//SYSLIB   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.MACLIB
//         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.AMODGEN
//*
//C.SYSIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.SAMPLIB(IEEACTRT)
//L.SYSLMOD DD DISP=SHR,DSN=USER.LINKLIB(IEFACTRT)

And I’ve installed it with

EXIT DELETE EXITNAME(SYS.IEFACTRT) MODNAME(IEFACTRT) FORCE(YES)
EXIT ADD EXITNAME(SYS.IEFACTRT) MODNAME(IEFACTRT) ABENDNUM(1) FIRST

Now… the exit gets invoked, but the printed STEP-Name is always blank (or
garbage sometimes).

See this as a (cut off) sample…..

-JOBNAME  STEPNAME PROCSTEP    RC   EXCP    TCB
-IBMUSERP                      00     83 ******
-IBMUSERP                      04  12622 ******

Did I something wrong (It’s the first time I’ve build and installed an exit)?
Or did IBM introduced a bug in this exit with release 2.1 of z/OS? My assembler
skills are rather bad (at least I think so). I’ve looked across the source but
I’ve seen nothing that looks strange to me (but as said – my assembler skills
became rather bad after several years of java coding)…

Thank you very much for any idea or hint….
Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Knigge
Software Engineer

SET GmbH
Lister Straße 15
30163 Hannover

phone: +49 511 39780-23
fax: +49 511 39780-65

www.set.de
michael.kni...@set.de

Handelsregister: HRB52778 Amtsgericht Hannover
Geschäftsführer: Till Dammermann, Dr. Bernd Huber

Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf unserer Homepage...<http://www.set.de>