Thanks John. Confirmation is always a confidence booster.

My job worked without the equivalent LIHTS1 DD.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of John McKown
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Defining Existing Page Datasets into a New Mastercat

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 5:54 AM, Richards, Robert B. < robert.richa...@opm.gov>
wrote:

> *Spoiled Alert *
>
> I used to have CRPLUS for years and was spoiled by the ease of use of
> running its MERGECAT command to handle copying system specific entries
> for LOGREC, etc. as well as all of the PLPA, COMMON and LOCAL page
> datasets from numerous other lpars/systems.
>
> Now back to current reality without CR+.  After RTFMs, I am less than
> confident that I will succeed in redefining all of these entries into
> a new mastercat. Hence this post. Can I buy a clue?
>
> Bob
> p.s. Note to self - Don't forget how to do things without having the
> nice tools! :(

​Mike showed you how to create a _new_ page dataset into a new master catalog.
But I take it you want to simply recatalog an existing page data set into a new
master catalog. Thanks to DFSMS, it is now possible to catalog a PAGESPACE in
multiple master catalogs. Just use the RECATALOG parameter.

//STEP010  EXEC PGM=IDCAMS
//LIHTS1   DD   DISP=OLD,UNIT=SYSDA,VOL=SER=LIHTS1
//SYSPRINT DD   SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD   *
 DEF PAGESPACE(NAME(
​page-space.dsn
) -
     VOLUME(
​volser​
) -
     RECATALOG ) CAT(
​new.master.catalog​
)

​

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is
attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown