From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of David Crayford
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 3:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Optimus - COBOL binary optimizer

I attended a presentation today at IBM and there was a bit talk about a new
binary optimizer called Optimus. At the moment it is for COBOL only but in the
future will support C/C++ and PL/1. It basically scans an old module and
creates a new one replacing the old instructions with new ones optimized for
the architecture level of your machine. That's pretty cool stuff. No need for
re-compiles. I assume it's using technology ripped from the Java JIT.

Here's a link to a rather shabby webpage which hopefully will be improved soon
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/groups/community/BinaryOptimizer.