From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Ron Thomas
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 12:20 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: EXTERNAL: Exporting Excel to Dataset

We have a requirement that looks for exporting an Excel template with data in a
tabular format from an FTP folder location to a mainframe PDS which later needs
to be accessed via COBOL for some business processing logic.

We know that this works fine if the input Excel file is in .CSV format. What we
are looking for is, if anyone is aware of any such functionalities where we can
accept and export the Excel template as such to a PDS that is readable by COBOL
without being converted to a .CSV file?

Thanks
Ron T