It seems to me this is another abstraction layer that would enable an instance
of bare-metal Linux to spool up multiple instances in an LPAR without z/VM.

What would the effect be of running KVM in a Linux instance under z/VM?   And
of course PR/SM is still dispatching logical IFLs onto real IFLs...or are we
eliminating PR/SM on the LinuxONE and perhaps going back to a version of MFT?

I will be interested to see the Nürburgring lap times comparing KVM with z/VM.

.