All,

I’ve reimplemented the SWAREQ-Macro in Java (my „template“ was the well known
REXX from Gilbert Saint-Flour, see
https://www.mail-archive.com/ibm-main@listserv.ua.edu/msg30741.html).

Since z/OS 2.2 this implementation works no longer. The address to the QMAT can
be a 64 bit address since z/OS 2.2. No problem so far. But it seems to me the
complete logic

DO WHILE sva>65536
      qmat = C2D(STORAGE(D2X(qmat+12),4))
      sva=sva-65536
END
RETURN C2D(STORAGE(D2X(qmat+sva+1),4))+16

seems to work no longer…. I guess the problem is that the “return value” from
SWAREQ may be a 64 bit address but the “old” routine only gets a 32 bit value
at qmat+sva+1. …

Does anyone have a sample code of a SWAREQ-Implementation in a high-level
language? Or can someone tell me in which manual the format of a SVA is
documented, as well as the format of the QMAT (Queue Manager Address Table)? I
was not able to find it in this really large forest of IBM manuals….

I need to do a SWAREQ from Java and I would like to do so without assembler
“native” code from Java (which is always a little pain)….

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Bye,
Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Knigge
Software Engineer

SET GmbH
Lister Straße 15
30163 Hannover

phone: +49 511 39780-23
fax: +49 511 39780-65

www.set.de
michael.kni...@set.de

Handelsregister: HRB52778 Amtsgericht Hannover
Geschäftsführer: Till Dammermann, Dr. Bernd Huber

Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf unserer Homepage...<http://www.set.de>