On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 07:54:32 -0700, Lizette Koehler wrote:

>Could you explain what problem you are trying to solve with this technique?
>
>How does it help your process to know which concatenated  dataset the data
>came from?  Why can you not use multiple DD Statements instead?

It might be simpler as the OP wishes.  It's possible that records in some input
data sets,
identifiable by data set name, require a variation in processing,  The technique
Massimo wishes for spares him the need to know how many such data sets exist
or in what order they appear.

Suppose I have a daily transaction log for each day in a month.  I'd like to
concatenate
them and perform some analysis, but the processing for Sundays is slightly
different.
Having 31 DDNAMEs, of which the last (as many as 3) might be dummies may seem
needlessly complex.

It's a reasonable wish for an existing facility; perhaps not meriting an RfE.

-- gil