On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:01:16 +0000 Leonardo Vaz <leonardo....@cn.ca> wrote:

:>I want to make use of the MVS router exit ICHRTX00 but I am having trouble
defining a recovery routine for it. I can't use ESTAE-like routines because
locks can be held when the exit is called and I can't use FRR because it needs
Supervisor state and PSW key 0 while the exit might be called in any state and
key.

:>This will be my first real recovery routine so I'm pretty sure I'm missing
something basic, does anyone has any ideas?

Welcome to systems programming.

You may be in one of several different environments:

1. Standard unlocked user task, problem state

2. Standard unl;ocked task, supervisor state

3. Cross memory (usually supervisor state)

4. Unlocked with an EUT FRR

5. SRB/Locked.

Also, you have to be concerned about performance of your exit.

ESTAE(X) - worst

ARR - not great

FRR - pretty much free

You have picked a tough exit, as there is no system recovery so it will appear
as if the application failed.

If you can limit which SAF calls you trap, you should be able to code based on
the documented environment and do a quick exit for the others.

I would wonder why exit is your best choice. Also, be aware that the direct
RACF macros will not hit this exit.

http://www.dissensoftware.com