On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 16:02:42 -0400, John Eells <ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>Lopez, Sharon wrote:
>> I already posted this question to IBM but wanted to find out if others are
>> getting this request from their auditors.
>>
>> Our auditors want to be able to display the RSU or maintenance level of our
>> z/OS system.  To my knowledge, there is no way to do that (IBM has also
>> agreed).  Does anyone know if this is possible and are you getting the same
>> request from your auditors.? Keep in mind that our auditors do know z/OS or
>> mainframe.  It sounds like they are used to seeing displays on other
>> platforms with this information with release and fix level.
><snip>

Although not an exact science, at our site, we use a couple of System Symbols -
 &PUTLVL.           = "PUT1505"
 &RSULVL.           = "RSU1506"

Then the sysprog that is installing maintenance into the z/OS environment
updates these values to the approximate RSU/PUT level that has been installed
into that particular Target Zone.  We then have a REXX exec that does the
following

PUT=mvsvar('symdef','putlvl')
RSU=mvsvar('symdef','rsulvl')
RESBLD=mvsvar('symdef','reslvl')
ZOSLVL=mvsvar('SYSOPSYS')
RESDATE = Translate('12/34/56',RESBLD,'123456')
Say 'z/OS PUT Level (Approx) : 'PUT
Say 'z/OS RSU Level (Approx) : 'RSU
Say 'z/OS SYSRES Build Date (dd/mm/yy) : 'RESDATE
Say 'z/OS V.R.M and FMID : 'ZOSLVL

Hope that helps.

Roger