Shane Ginnane wrote:
http://www.itnews.com.au/news/the-top-five-green-screen-systems-that-run-australia-409614

Some large (by Aussie standards) mainframe customers that may be no more in the
foreseeable future.

Shane ...

Seems like actually only one of the apps actually going away, the rest being
Web front-ended, which is entirely appropriate.

And as we all know, some of these conversions never succeed and they're forced to drop back on maintaining the mainframe app.

I'm more sanguine about this as I catch up on the architecture. The last time I studied the physical mainframe, it was ES9000.

The z13 is a truly amazing machine.

--
Jack J. Woehr     # Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of
www.well.com/~jax # thinking, a way of skeptically interrogating the universe