Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
Gadi wrote:

I tried adding a digital certificate to RACF and got the following message:
IRRD125I - The key size that was specified or defaulted is not acceptable. The
request is not processed.

What is the size you tried out?

This is a certificate that was downloaded from ShopzSeries to use with RECEIVE
ORDER processing.

Perhaps you should open a ticket at IBM ShopzSeries. Or you simply need to
lower your keysize.

The message says that I need to have CPACF (feature code 3863) is enabled and
the TDES function is available.
We are running on z z114, and have no dedicated Encryption hardware.

You're having two limits - hardware and/or US export laws.

How can I check the feature code 3863 is enabled?

Check with IBM. If there is a command or some parameter, I would also like to
know it...

I agree that Gadi should open a problem with Shopz.

BTW, there are actually *three* limits. Just because we can send technology /out of/ the United States does not mean it's OK to import it /into/ a particular country. (I am thankful that I'm not involved in that end of the business!)

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing