On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 07:30:26 +0000, Gibney, David wrote:

>I still maintain that ADRDSSU will "just do it"

Dave, why do you presume the OP has already existing datasets to copy ?.
If this is just allocating new datasets, sort the files by size, or whatever,
and knock up some rexx to generate the JCL. Quicker than waiting for the list
to to suggest it.

Personally I would let the storage subsystem(s) handle it - that's what you pay
the vendors boatloads of money for. Give Ron and his ilk something to do.
Fiddling around trying to balance access across mod-3s is just so 90's.

Shane ...