All,

is it possible to invoke AMODE31-only code from an AMODE64 module?

To be more detailed: I’m running in USS (with XPLINK) and I need to call
several System services that are known to not support AMODE64, in my case
SWAREQ and OUTADD.

I know that I could write a AMODE31 load module, put it in a MVS load library,
load it with the C function fetch() (which supports AMODE switching) and jump
right into the module.

But I’d like to remain in USS only. So…. Is it possible to do an “AMODE-switch”
in pure assembler without using some load modules from the MVS world? I’ve read
some manuals over the weekend but I’m more confused than I was before reading
the manuals (even XPLINK is new to me and the manuals are pretty confusing)….

Thank you for any help,
Michael

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael Knigge
Software Engineer

SET GmbH
Lister Straße 15
30163 Hannover

phone: +49 511 39780-23
fax: +49 511 39780-65

www.set.de
michael.kni...@set.de

Handelsregister: HRB52778 Amtsgericht Hannover
Geschäftsführer: Till Dammermann, Dr. Bernd Huber

Anstehende Termine

POSY-OutputForum, 4. und 5. November 2015 in Hannover

Weitere Informationen finden Sie auf unserer Homepage...<http://www.set.de>