From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Peter Relson
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: What is a request block prefix?

As others have said:

"Request Block" = RB (mapped by IHARB / IKJRB).
The 64 bytes before the beginning of the RB are the RB prefix (RBPRFX in IHARB,
RBPREFIX in IKJRB). For those in the know, it's actually the "32 bytes before"
but the mapping is of the 64 bytes.

But for an Fxx abend, you would almost never care. As Skip mentioned, a Fxx
abend is "you issued an SVC that is not defined".

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design