White, Andy wrote:
Maybe someone can help me here: I thought IBM made a SOD for RRSF that we
should go to TCPIP vs APPC. We currently have 15+ systems using RRSF via APPC
and we are on z/OS 2.1 on all of them. I know it's been said many times at
SHARE its recommended you change to TCPIP so the links can be encrypted, you
can use TTLS etc. I'm not a RACF person more of systems back ground but is
there an official IBM SOD? If so can you point me to it would be appreciated.
<snip>

There are no current plans to remove support for RRSF over APPC. (Of course, technically, we could start planning for that tomorrow. But in my opinion, we won't.)

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing