From: Charles Mills
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 17:29
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Reply To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: RE-IPL for the Daylight to Standard time conversion?

I'm a developer, not an operations guy. My boss has asked me why a
datacenter we use would need to IPL for the daylight to standard time
transition. He asks if the box does not use UTC, and I said that yes, the
hardware clock is generally set to UTC but that perhaps the LPAR time zone
change required an IPL.

Can anyone enlighten me? Why might our datacenter need or want to IPL for
the Daylight to Standard time conversion?

Thanks,

Charles