From: Vince Coen
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 07:11
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Reply To: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
Subject: Re: RE-IPL for the Daylight to Standard time conversion?

I would have thought that all these issues would have been easy to be
resolved if all sites used UTC time on hardware level with
the adjustment for local set up at the software level then it only
requires simple job step to adjust if there is not one built in to the O/S.

Also and if needed that no job/processes was allowed to run over the
time period of time change where such a process might get upset.

Let face it as clock change occurs for most of us on a Sunday this
should not really be a major problem.

I am somewhat surprised that IBM does not have standard procedures /
processes / Job in place to handle this including checking the hardware
clock against an external source the same that Unix, Linux, Windows does
even if it has to go through a inhouse Intranet server for security.