I didn't know that, thanks!

--- nitz-...@gmx.net wrote:

From:         "nitz-...@gmx.net" <nitz-...@gmx.net>
To:           IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ServerPac install
Date:         Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:38:21 +0100

>  Updated my RACF data set profile
> for Z220.**, IPL'ed to cycle ZFS, and it worked fine.

Just as a FYI: You can avoid an IPL to cycle ZFS for RACF DATASET reasons by
using SETROPTS GENERIC(DATASET)  REFRESH. I don't remember which book I found
that in, but it is heavily sprinkled with warnings NOT to do that on a regular
basis. Refreshing class DATASET should be left for emergencies like this one,
when the permission is for an essentially non-recyclable address space. I am
guessing that you used a test system for install where an IPL didn't matter.

Barbara

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.