Clark Morris wrote:
 > Depending on the vulnerability exploited, the attack might have been
successful on the mainframe.  Dynamic SQL if allowed on the mainframe
is one vulnerability (Bobby Tables story).  CICS transactions probably
don't have much vulnerability.  Apache based web server
vulnerabilities probably are cross platform.  And then there are the
integrity APARs and configuration and implementation mistakes and
oversights like leaving implementation ids on the system for anything
accessible online.

Thanks for that. I think we need more talk about things like this instead of the generalized "mainframe is secure" statement I often hear.