On Dec 1, 2015, at 3:19 PM, J O Skip Robinson wrote:

Timeframe was 1980 plus or minus. I was a true novice sysprog and kept an arm's length from OS innards. It was during that two-year gig that MVS/SP was announced, so not likely available just yet. I only remember being impressed with the clever workaround that kept the Amdahl useful.

P.S. The same machine had a load button on the system keyboard. One day an operator's purse fell over and caused a midmorning IPL. Amdahl installed a little box around the button. They were clever folks. ;-)

.
.
.SKIP:

We had a MP168 and one of the ops hung her purse on the EPO switch. Needless to say a box was quickly installed after her purse caused a EPO,.

Ed