> I was looking through the z13 and found about Memory management
> optimizations of Bind Breaks for z13.
>
> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OA46612
>
> Can someone please explain on what is bind breaks ?

  Bind Break is an internal serialization mechanism in z/OS.
It involves signalling the online CPUs, and does not complete
until all of the online CPUs have enabled for I/O and
External interrupts (not necessarily at the same time).
So its cost tends to rise as the number of online CPUs increases.

  This APAR changed data space delete processing in RSM
to reduce the number of Bind Breaks that RSM needs to do
when multiple jobs are doing DSPSERV DELETE concurrently.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY