In <j8997b5isli792o93ek9vo7a9ro9jf1...@4ax.com>, on 12/18/2015
   at 08:31 PM, Clark Morris <cfmpub...@ns.sympatico.ca> said:

>Are there any current IBM references to DOS/VSE?

DOS/VSE is the old free base, and has been dead for decades. There are
probably lots of references to the current descendent, and perhaps
even to VSE/ESA.

>Does anyone run VSE on the bare metal?

ITYM on the bare LPAR; I'm not aware of any z processors that supports
running anything but PR/SM on the bare metal. DOS/VSE requires S/370
mode, which is no longer available, but z/VSE should run just fine on
a bare LPAR.