On 12/24/2015 06:51 PM, Carl Edwards wrote:
> I have a client that is considering installing ZEKE. Said client has a fair
> amount of console dialog that needs to be automated. The questions is Can
> ZEKE recognize console messages generated via a program(DISPLAY UPON CONSOLE)
> and respond to such?

Perhaps the product has changed, but I don't remember any support in
ZEKE itself for that sort of thing.  ZEKE was  designed just to schedule
jobs  and track their successful or unsuccessful completion.  If you
wanted to control reruns of failed jobs you also needed ZEBB.  If you
needed automated  responses to console messages, you used to needf ZACK
(Automated Systems and Event Management) or some other product that was
designed specifically to support console automation.

 I saw some reference in ZEKE on-line manuals to "ZACK (or the ZEKE
Automation Option)" and some references to ZEKE being able to support
"simple" console automation with the ZEKE Automation Option, but the
on-line manuals don't seem to make any attempt to explain what exactly
the ZEKE Automation Option is, whether it's a separate chargeable
component of ZEKE, a stripped down version of ZACK, or possibly even
ZACK itself.  It would appear these questions would best be addressed to
the vendor currently supporting ZEKE.

--
Joel C. Ewing,    Bentonville, AR       jcew...@acm.org